Monday, February 24, 2014

....and we're back!





So I hadn't updated this blog in almost 4 years.  Just last night I thought about it and checked in.  Turns out this page has had over 24,000 views since I started!  That unexpected stat encouraged me to start this thing back up.  So to begin I give you a video of my graduate guitar recital from April 2013.  Why?  Because I can't think of anything else at the moment.  This recital marked the end of my two years at Belmont University (which is partially responsible for my hiatus).  I finished with a Masters of Music in Commercial Guitar Performance.

Over the next weeks I plan to post about some of the songs played on my recital.  The theme of the concert was Nashville guitarists.  Each song was either written or performed in the style of a certain player.  Here was the set list:


Highpockets - Jack Pearson

Don't Try This At Home - Brent Mason and The Players

Mysterium - Kenny Vaughan

Days of Wine and Roses - solo arrangement by Prof. John Pell

There Will Never Be Another You - homage to Hank Garland

Make The World Go Away - homage to Chet Atkins

Reedology - Jerry Reed

Mambo Cheeks - Guthrie Trapp

Mountains of Illinois - Chet Atkins/Pat Bergeson



I had the great pleasure of sharing the stage with some fine musicians, who I can also call friends.

John Cardoni -  lead electric guitar
Nick Palmer - rhythm electric guitar
Stephen Wilder - electric bass
Wil Houchens - keyboards
Nate Felty - drums
Liz Johnson - guest vocalist



more to come

2 comments: